Here are the supplies you will need:
- 1 wooden dowel rod
- gold spray paint
- 1 9″x12″ sheet stiff glitter white felt (ecofi)
- 1 12″x18″ sheet brown/khaki foam
- gold glitter paint
- black sharpie
- hot glue gun
- sewing machine & coordinating thread
- Create a connected set of wings template using paper first and then cut out two sets of wings.
- Pin them together and sew, making sure to leave an opening at the bottom where you will be putting your dowel rod inside the wings.
- If you’re like me….now would be the time to add some glitter paint to your wings! 😉
- Take your gold spray paint and paint the wooden dowel.
- While your dowel dries, work on creating a paper template for your snakes. I just made one template and used it twice. Be sure that when you are “designing” your snakes that you make them ‘curvy’ enough to wrap around the dowel.
- Now it’s time to put it all together. Get your glue gun heated up and ready. First, put glue around the end of the rod that will be going inside the wings. Place the rod in side the wings and hold it in place for a moment or two.
- Glue what remains of your pocket/hole closed.
- Place your snakes around your dowel so that the faces meet right at the bottom of the wings. Once you are happy with their placement, glue snakes to the dowel.
- I wanted to have the staff be ‘two sided’, so I cut out two more snake heads and glued them to the ‘back’ of the staff. I then added eyes to the snakes with a sharpie.
- Of course, I needed to add more glitz and glitter, lol. I took my acrylic gold glitter paint and painted ‘scales’ on both sides of the snakes. Now it’s complete!! 🙂