Since leaving my ex-husband 5 years ago, I’ve had my share of dating experiences either in the “real world” or the “virtual world.” A lot of people don’t like to admit using an online dating website. I will admit, at the beginning, I was hesitant to admit it myself. But, honestly, as a full-time working, single mom….when am I going to get the chance to get out of the house and meet new people?? Or at least males that are taller than 3 feet and don’t laugh at fart jokes all the time?? I’ve been thinking a lot lately about the whole online dating atmosphere and what it’s like to complete the questionnaires and weed out the men/women you know you aren’t interested, etc. I thought it would be pretty cool to have a dating website out there for runners. I mean, they’ve got one for FARMERS!!! Why not us?!?!?
Just for giggles, I’ve come up with a list of questions for my imagined Runners Dating App! 🙂 Feel free to read, enjoy, laugh and send me some of your suggestions!!
- How many miles do you average in a week?
- Do you wear the race shirt on race day?
- Have you ever DNFd?
- Follow up question, Do you know what DNF stands for?
- Have you gone to the bathroom in someone’s backyard?
- Follow up question, Have you been caught?
- Do you have all your toenails?
- Do you like to drink and run?
- Would you pass on meeting someone to get a run in?
- Have you ever run naked?
- Do you wear costumes for theme races?
- Would you still take a hug from someone who just ran 10 miles?
- Have you been known to get up at 5am to run cause you don’t want to feel guilty leaving him/her alone in bed the morning after?
- Gels or Chews?
- Gatorade or Nuun?
- Is beer an acceptable post-run beverage?
- How many pairs of running shoes do you own?
- Handheld, fuel belt or none?
Thanks to my running friends for their ideas and input! 🙂 And I have discovered in the meantime that there actually is a dating website for runners! Running Singles Take a look!