2017 is quickly coming to a close. It’s hard to believe that there are only two days left in the year!! Now, is the chance for me to reflect on my accomplishments of the last year as well as to prepare for the coming year.
To start, let’s go back on all the races I ran this past year.
- Cupid’s Chase 5K, Feb 11 – this was my first 5K that I truly planned on racing in a very long time. I felt that with all my training from the previous year, that I had a chance to get myself a real nice 5K time. I finished at 24:39 with an average of 7:51 a mile…..not too shabby ;-P
- Naked Bavarian 20 Miler, March 4 – a real fun trail run around Blue Marsh Lake. There are several races held here through the year and I would definitely recommend them.
- Lucky Charm 10K, March 18 – the beginning of my time away from running (for the first time in 2017) I was really looking forward to running this race but with my hip injury I had to sit this one out. 😦
- Capital 10 Miler, April 1 – another race opportunity that I had to miss out on; luckily, I was able to volunteer and cheer on all my friends as they ran.
- Logan’s Run 5K, April 22 – my first race back and I was super excited because it was actually my son’s race 🙂 when I picked him up from school the day before, he had asked to run a race with me over the weekend so naturally we did! 😉
- Race Against Racism, April 29 – a race I have run almost every year for the last three years; the course had changed since the last time I had a run it and I enjoyed running the new course
- Pittsburgh Half Marathon, May 7 – what an awesome weekend that was!! My birthday was the day before, several of my running friends came out for the race and it was just a weekend long party 🙂
- Harrisburg Senators Beer 1K, June 1 – quite a unique race and lots of fun; I had never run a beer mile and always wanted to experience it…this wasn’t quite a mile, but 1K was enough!
- PA Ragnar, June 2-3 – a wild, crazy and fun-filled weekend and I can’t wait to do it again!
- The Big Run 5K, June 7 – a fun run sponsored by Fleet Feet Sports and Brooks in celebration of Global Running Day 🙂
- Eagle Up Ultra, June 24 – my hip injury kept me away from running this race, this year, but I’ll be ready for it in 2018 baby!! 🙂
- Harrisburg Mile, July 19 – boy, what an evening, that race did not go as planned with the sudden arrival of a nasty rainstorm
- West Virginia Trail Ragnar, Aug 11-12 – another, unique and super fun race; I can’t wait to run this again; the trails were absolutely beautiful and it was a nice change of pace to camp and run at the same time 🙂
- Run for the Sun 5K, Oct 7 – a last-minute 5K that I ran with my son; a friend couldn’t make the race, so we used her registration for some Mama/Son fun time
- Hero Run 5K, Nov 5 – one of my favorite local races 🙂 I ran with my big sis for this one, it was her first 5K and she did amazing!
- Harrisburg Marathon, Nov 12 – marathon number 2 and a great day spent running the streets I know and running with good friends 🙂
- Girls on the Run 5K, Nov 19 – after years of volunteering and helping plan this 5K, I was able to run the race with the girls and the girls on my team; I truly enjoyed myself
- Turkey Trot 5K, Nov 23 – ran this race the morning of Thanksgiving with my Mom! Not, gonna lie…it’s pretty awesome to see my family running too
- Devil Dog 100K, Dec 2 – a race I was training for, for months, at least I got the chance to be there at the start line even though I wasn’t able to be at the finish line
Looking back on all these races, I am surprised. Initially, I thought, I haven’t run that many races this year, maybe I will skip this post. Now looking at this…holy cow….I had no idea that 19 races were on my calendar for this year. Out of those 19, I ran and completed 16 of them. Thinking back on them all has been enjoyable. Remembering the courses, the people, the friends and the memories make them all worthwhile. I can’t wait until I can start filling up the 2018 race calendar! 🙂